1. The League shall be known as ‘The Belper & District Quiz League’.
2. The League shall exist for the purpose of providing a competitive team quiz competition for pubs, clubs and other organisations in the Belper area; and to promote a spirit of friendly competition between teams, whilst increasing their knowledge of the world about them. The League shall be open to players of all ages, sexes and abilities.
3. The League shall be organised annually by an elected committee of no more than 5 6 persons, plus the President and the Question Setter(s), with responsibility for the day-to-day running of the League. The positions being:
These 5 6 positions (marked (*))shall be elected at an Annual General Meeting to be held about at least 4 weeks before the Quiz Season starts. All teams will be given notice of the AGM and any suggested Rule or Constitution changes should be notified to a Committee member, no later than 2 weeks before the AGM. The Committee will call General Meetings as necessary. All decisions shall be by simple majority, one vote per team. The Committee shall be able to co-opt members to the committee to assist with the running of the BDQL as necessary.
4. The League shall be funded by match fees, and such sponsorship as may be available. It shall remunerate question-setters an appropriate fee, as agreed with the committee, and provide trophies to such teams as appropriate annually, all other monies after expenses shall remain in the league’s accounts, which will be presented at the League AGM.
5. Should the league cease to exist, all surplus monies shall be divided equally between those teams in membership at the league’s cessation.
NOTE: This constitution was agreed at the 2010 AGM of the BDQL and will remain in force until changed and agreed at any subsequent AGM.